Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Class Reflection

AP English is what I expected it to be. The atmosphere of the class has been very comfortable and laid back. The group discussions that we have are very thought provoking and I especially enjoyed the discussions on the Great Gatsby.

There was a lot of information that I didn’t pick up when I read the book and I had interpreted the book very differently then what we discussed. So it was interesting to learn about the hidden meanings behind the book, as well as the meanings my classmates gave. This is kind of what we were talking about with the “I Could Tell You Stories,” and will talk about with, “Memory and Imagination.” Everyone remembered something for a reason that stuck out to them and it might not be the same as the person sitting next to them. The readings have all linked indirectly to each other, and with class discussions it’s easier to come away with a variety of ideas then when we started talking about the American Dream.

To be able to develop your own opinions and then manipulate them until you have developed a strong thesis statement develops the skills to make a good reader and writer.

No comments: